As the vacuum name suggests, SilentMaster is a much quieter option for a central vacuum system compared to the typical vacuum noise level. Just because it is quiet doesn't mean it doesn't pack powerful suction.
This central vacuum actually is more powerful than it's loud counterparts.
The SilentMaster uses a “Central Vacuum Vertical Bag Filtration.”
Why use bags when there are so many bagless options today?
With the SilentMaster vertical bag filtration, the bag and filter ensure that dust and particles don't get into the motor or fan.
This system maximizes suction power and at the same time, protects the motor. Because of this, the SilentMaster central vacuum cleaner has a six year inclusive warranty.
Specifications and Features
There are three different models for the MD SilentMaster Built-In Vacuum System. They all have the same incredible power yet operate quietly.
All three use 120 volts of power, stand 38 inches tall, have a 12 gallon trash capacity and weigh between 40 and 50 pounds.
You have to pick the right one for you by determining the amount of square footage you need to keep clean.
The S2 model can work in homes up to 6000 square feet, the S44 for up to 8,000 square feet, and the S5 for up to 20,000 square feet of coverage.
- Sound Suppressing Technology. It's highest noise level is 62dBA which is as loud as a regular conversation. In comparison, the dial tone on a phone is 80dBA.
- Lifetime Manufacturing Warranty and a 6-year Inclusive Warranty
- 3-Ply Hyperflow® Disposable Bag with two secondary filters
- 12 Gallon Trash Capacity
- Dual Filtered virtually dust free Exhaust which is virtually dust free exhaust
- Utility Valve Hose Connection
- 18 & 20 Gauge Durable Steel
SilentMaster Central Vacuum Review
A central vacuum is designed so in such way that allows you to clean the entire home. Pipes are run in the walls of the house and in each room there will be a strategically placed outlet for the vacuum tube to be attached. The vacuum motor and canister for the dirt, dust, and debris is usually housed in the basement, laundry room, or garage.
Another big advantage of central vacuums is that you don't have to haul around a large upright machine or canister. All you need is the tubing and the wand attachments.
The SilentMaster central vacuum is in a class by itself when it comes to central vacuum systems. It has tremendous suction, but it isn't loud. It has a variety of attachments that can help you clean any type of flooring. Finally, it has a large 12 gallon trash capacity, so you don't have to empty the bag often.
Cleaning Hard Floors
- Make sure you use an attachment without a motorized brush. With hard floors, all you need is the simple suction power, and it will clean your floor flawlessly. You might have to use a crevice tool for the tight spots.
Cleaning Carpeting and Rugs
- You should really use some of the tools such as the TurboCat Air-Driven Vacuum power brush along with your SilentMaster vacuum. The brush will give your carpet a deeper clean as it loosens and sucks up any pet hair, dander, dust, or embedded dirt. You still will have to use an edging tool to get into the tighter spaces and right up against the edge of the carpet.
- There are many different kits that you can purchase from MD Manufacturing to go along with your SilentMaster Central Vacuum System. When you purchase the attachments, make sure to get an air driven power brush so you can clean your carpets effectively.
The three recommended options that go with this vacuum in order from most expensive to least are Stealth Attachment Kit, BlachHawk Kit, and TurboCat Kit. All three include power brush tools, hard flooring attachments, dusting brushes for upholstery, and crevice tools.
- This is a bagged system, so you will have to empty the 12 gallon bag occasionally. This is the largest possible container for a central vacuum, so it doesn't get any easier than this for maintenance. A typical home owner will empty this one or two times a year.
A Mesh filter comes with the vacuum, but it never needs replacing. Every fourth bag that you have to empty, you should take out the filter and beat out the dust and dirt. Then, put the filter right back in.
You can a five pack of bags for between $20 and $25 USD directly from the MD company. Since you only have to empty this bag once or twice a year, you probably only have to pay under ten dollars per year to maintain your central vacuum.
- The main con of central vacuums is that you have to buy more than just the central vacuum. You also have to buy the tools that go with it.
These tools kits aren't inexpensive either. You could easily spend over $1,000 USD for this central vacuum and the Stealth Attachment, which is the best performing kit. You could use basic tools, but we suggest investing in a kit that at least has a air powered brush tool.
SilentMaster Central Vacuum Verdict
Overall, this is an amazing system. If you have a home with a central vacuum, and need a replacement, the SilentMaster vacuum
is the way to go.
If you are building a new home, and are wondering if you should install a central vacuum, do it right and use this system. The real thing you have to ask is if you want to go with a central vacuum over a traditional upright or canister vacuum.
This vacuum is ideal for someone without many financial restraints who wants a quiet and very powerful central vacuum. Remember to invest in a nice accessory kit as well to make your SilentMaster Central Vacuum a complete cleaning system.